Director of Fundraising
An effective and results-driven individual seeking a position in a progressive company by utilizing my exceptional communication skills and highly organized approach to benefit the organization.
October 2016 - Paws & Purrs
February 2014– Kingdom of Heaven, India
- Was solely responsible for bringing together 5 very talented entrepreneurs form different fields for one cause. They included a renowned fashion designer from India, a well-established jewelry designer from Dallas, a highly talented & established artist from Dallas, a startup home goods business entrepreneur & a well know chef.
- Requested these entrepreneurs to contribute 10% of their sales towards the cause.
- To cut back on overheads on the venue, I did the event in a well appointed, large home of a close friend.
- got friends to donate food & drinks for the event. I got friends to help volunteer & help run the show successfully. . I approached a local dog bakery to sponsor packaged treats & coupons towards the cause.
- For people who didn’t want to buy, we got them to donate in cash or check towards the cause.
- With the help & support of everyone, I raised $2900 towards the cause.
March 2012 – Cultural Day Event at Brinker Elementary
- Promoted 3 women entrepreneurs from different fields (Fine arts, fashion designer & jewelry designer) to collaborated and display their talents in a show organized by me to benefit a charity close to my heart.
- My request was to get 20% of their total sales plus personal donations from guests who didn’t buy goods.
- Came up with a few ideas to save overheads. I requested a friend to sponsor her clubhouse as a venue, I requested a friend who runs a restaurant to sponsor the snacks & drinks.
- Requested my close friends to volunteer in organizing the venue & show.
- Managed to have a huge turn out by advertising on social media & close friends.
- The total amount collected was about $2500. The amount was used to fund education, food & shelter to the inmates of the charitable organization.
March 2010 - Cultural Day event at Brinker Elementary
- I co-chaired the multi cultural event along with one other parent.
- We had to come up with ideas to decorate the school in order to promote unity in diversity.
- We had to approach vendors for different cultures to sponsor goodies for the children to get hands on experience with arts & crafts from different cultures.
- We had to organize kids with varied cultural talents to practice & perform their talents at the end of the show.
- Chaired the Cultural Day event at Barksdale Elementary, Plano.
- Co-ordinate with other volunteers in coming up with ideas to promote multi-cultural displays & events to help the kids understand various cultures through a fun & educational method.
- Organized for volunteer performers from different cultures to come display their cultural dances or arts.
- Approached various vendors from varied cultural backgrounds to donate a few trinkets or art supplies, unique to their culture.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate subject material to students of mixed abilities and backgrounds
- Parent volunteer to tutor elementary students who need help in niche areas of development, mainly Math & Reading
- Establishing and maintaining positive relationships with fellow professionals and parents.
- Presenting product strategy and business results at sales meetings and key customer visits.
- Writing competitor analysis reports.
- Writing marketing requirement specifications.
Coaching and mentoring
- Managing/coordinating with multiple groups at art exhibitions
- Supporting the development of team member's skills through training
- Resolution of customer crises related to delivery times or quality
- Interacting with internal design team to ensure for timely product release and product conformance to requirements.
- Leadership qualities and the ability to manage challenging behavior effectively
- Mentoring elementary school level kids with learning difficulty in Math & Science
- Organizing and supervising after-school activities including educational visits, sporting events and school productions.
- Running free summer camps in debate, group discussions, cooking or crafts.
Volunteer as a PTA member for school events or parties.